Search within this blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

আমি মারের সাগর পাড়ী দেব

This song is the most motivating song that I heard recently, thanks to the serial Ganer Opare. I cannot suppress the urge of making another post on this song.

This songs talk about how the limited I will try and to reach the perfect I through the sea of hardship. The limited I have no fear now. The perfect I is separated from the limited I by a sea of hardship. The limited is determined to cross the sea with his limited resources because at the other side of the sea there is peace, there is solace. That is, when the limited I will cross the sea of hardship and reach the other end, he will be united with the perfect I. He will be perfect and will have peace. In the journey, the limited I is sure God will help him. All he needs to do is keep the journey on; fearlessly. When the day will end, the limited I knows, he will reach the shore. The days of hardship will be the offerings at the kind feet of the Godhead.

Bengali:
---------

আমি মারের সাগর পাড়ি দেব বিষম ঝড়ের বায়ে
আমার ভয়ভাঙা এই নায়ে ॥
মাভৈঃ বাণীর ভরসা নিয়ে ছেঁড়া পালে বুক ফুলিয়ে
তোমার ওই পারেতেই যাবে তরী ছায়াবটের ছায়ে ॥
পথ আমারে সেই দেখাবে যে আমারে চায়--
আমি অভয় মনে ছাড়ব তরী, এই শুধু মোর দায়।
দিন ফুরালে, জানি জানি, পৌঁছে ঘাটে দেব আনি
আমার দুঃখদিনের রক্তকমল তোমার করুণ পায়ে ॥

- রবীন্দ্রনাথ ঠাকুর

পূজা, ১৯৯

Ganer Opare version from youtube:



1 comment:

lost_in_woods said...

amazing picture and blog visit us for disscount andaman holiday packages