Search within this blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

Being mad in Mumbai rain.. Childhood returns

I was inside lab. My lab doesn't have a window. So, I had no idea about what was going on outside. I came out and saw the earth getting soaked under Mumbai rain. I wrapped my pen, copy, earphone and mobile in a polythene bag, took my bi-cycle and went outside. Rolling through the slippery downhill road, I felt the raindrops all over my face, washing away the salts. Within a few moments I was all drenched. The rain is so heavy in Mumbai, that you can not even see objects that are meters away. While coming down I saw images of my childhood floating around me. The days when I intentionally kept the umbrella at bag. The days when I preferred cycling through those portions of the road where there were water standing. The childish joy while pushing myself through the waterlogged roads. Sometimes ice-stones fell during nor' westers. I remembered how I ran in the rooftop of my house to pick them up. I used to put some of them in my mouth when my mom was not watching.

3 comments:

Debosmita said...

college er chadeu bristi ta bhaloi lagto

lost_in_woods said...

amazing picture and blog visit us for disscount andaman holiday packages

John Bradon said...

THANKS FOR SHARING THE CONTENT
Beach hotels in Portblair
Beach hotels in Havelock